Applying for MCCEF ScholarshipsAPPLICATION, AWARD AND DISBURSEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIPS
Mitsubishi Cement Corporation Educational Foundation (MCCEF) annually awards Scholarships for Spring Semester graduates and existing awardees applying for a subsequent award, in the budgeted amount of Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000), with individual awards limited to not more than Twenty‐Five Hundred Dollars ($2500) per recipient.
MCCEF Scholarships are single year scholarships for current high school students who are enrolled in a Lucerne Valley school and are continuing their education to achieve a degree or certificate in a qualifying academic, trade or technical program. Existing MCCEF scholarship awardees may reapply for up to three (3) consecutive awards provided they continue to meet the eligibility requirements and their course of study is continuous.
- Students must have been accepted for admission for the next Summer, Fall or other regular session at a fully accredited academic institution of higher learning or a qualifying trade or technical school.
- The academic, trade or technical program to which the student is admitted will be one that is likely to provide the student with gainful employment following graduation and which is likely to result in the student becoming a responsible member of society. All other things being equal, preference will be given to one or more of the following courses of curriculum: agricultural science, architectural science, chemistry, earth science, engineering science, life science, or mathematics.
- Students must have executed a letter of intent to enroll in that academic institution or trade school.
- Students must register for and maintain a minimum full academic load for the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Students must have achieved at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must submit a completed MCCEF scholarship application (form attached) along with their academic transcripts and a written report stating their past achievements and future goals, so as to enable the MCCEF scholarship selection board to understand the benefit of awarding a scholarship to said individual.
- Graduating Seniors and Existing Awardees seeking a subsequent award must submit their applications to the Lucerne Valley Unified School District Office, Attn: District Superintendent’s Secretary, by March 31st.
- The Foundation will review applications for completeness and conformity with the Foundation’s requirements, and consider the applications for approval or disapproval at the April Board Meeting.
- MCCEF scholarship awards will be presented to students at their graduating high school Award Ceremony, or other specified event.
- Scholarship funds will be delivered to the Bursar’s Office (or equivalent) of the academic institution of high learning or trade school that the student is to attend or is presently attending.
For questions or clarification, please contact the District Office at (760) 248‐6108
- Responses must be printed in ink or typed.
- Application package must be submitted no later than March 31st.
- Submit application to: Mitsubishi Cement Corporation Educational Foundation, 5808 State Highway 18, Lucerne Valley, CA 92356.
- Attach copy of “Executed Letter of Intent.”
- On a separate sheet of paper list:
- School Activities – Including class year, name of activity, hours per week, leadership role.
- Honors and Awards – Including the year received for each award.
- Work Experience – Including employer, position held, and dates of employment.
- Community Service – Including organization, duties, and number of hours volunteered.
- Future plans – Including short term and long term goals.